Sunday 11 August 2013

Emma Watson- Fashion Evolution

With Emma Watson gracing the cover of yet another leading fashion magazine, W, I decided now would be a good time to look back on how the young Harry Potter star became the fashion muse that she is today.
In this beautiful editorial, styled by Edward Enninful, the now mature 23 year old effortlessly pulls off the latest Louis Vuitton night gown inspired look which would drown many others (image: see 12 o’clock). In the interview she talks to W Magazine about how she denied that she was famous up until the age of 18 saying, “I would take the Oxford Tube. Then it got to the point where the fact that I was on the bus would spread from one end to the other. I’d think, ‘Why am I doing this to myself?’” I still see this kind of attitude in her today because despite her mega-success, she has managed to stay grounded and focused which is something a lot of child stars (Miley Cyrus for example) struggle with.
Upon searching her name on vogue.co.uk I see that she has hit the Best Dressed of the Week list on countless occasions. This comes as no surprise to me. After braving the pixie crop hair style back in August 2010, her fashion style has evolved. Wearing labels such as Marchesa, Valentino, Calvin Klein and Oscar De La Renta, to name just a few, all of the designers want to dress her. Most importantly it’s not Hermione Granger from Harry Potter that they want to dress, it’s Emma Watson. It seems she has handled being a child star extremely well and has had no trouble breaking away from the character we all knew her as. Using fashion as her main tool to do this, I look at her in admiration.
Maintaining her poised and elegant image at all times, Emma Watson has made it onto many ‘Top 100 Sexiest Women’ lists without having to reveal too much skin. She once quoted, “I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing.” This is what I love most about her style. She is a young elegant lady who experiments with fashion to her advantage.
Set to star in Biblical fantasy Noah in 2014, alongside ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ co-star Logan Lerman, I'm excited to see how this role will influence her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment