Tuesday 20 August 2013

Something About SQUIRRELS


Taking my inspiration from somewhere slightly different today... As I sat an watched 'The Great British Bake Off'', the beauty of one cake stood out for me, and that was the 'Secret Squirrel' cake made by whimsical baker Frances. 
   Those who know me well will know that I love all things fury and or feathery. Aside from owls, which I will always adore, my new obsession for this winter is going to have to be SQUIRRELS!
   I love how cute and kooky a squirrel print can be and found that Orla Kiely's AW13 collection makes use of this perfectly. The 60's looking collection uses squirrel print modestly on knitwear to give an autumnal and kooky feel to the outfits.
   Whilst there isn't much out there at the moment when it comes to squirrels (sad face) I am going to be keeping my eyes peeled for squirrel print fabrics and vintage items to add to my winter wardrobe this year.

The Great British Bake Off is on BBC2, Tuesdays at 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment