Sunday 18 August 2013

Fashion On Stage: V Festival 2013


   After not being able to get a ticket to this year's festival, I figured the best way to make the most of it would be to select a few of the most stand out on stage looks from the weekend. 
   Beyonce definitely 'stole the stage' so to speak. With a huge 6 outfit changes throughout her set, each look was completely flawless. I love how she easily pulls of elegant long dresses and trouser suits without looking to 'mumsy', but on the other hand can also look stunning in short hot pant leotards without looking slutty. Oh and how could I not mention the new bob, which I have grown to LOVE!
   There were a lot of crop tops at the festival worn on stage and off, which is fine with it being summer etc, however I'm not quite struck on the crop top and high waist pants that Jessie J wore. The modern, graphic construction of the top is very fashion forward but with the pants, the whole look didn't flatter her figure or in my opinion, look attractive. Jessie J has quite a boyish figure and, especially with the short hair, needs to be extra careful with how she dresses it. The look that Ellie Goulding wore on stage was a much better and more flattering version of what I think Jessie J was trying to achieve.
    My favourite dress however, was worn by Paloma Faith. The dress may in fact be from Dolce and Gabbana's A/W13 collection and Paloma looked so elegant in it, especially with the tonnes of accessories she put with it. Beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment