Thursday 8 August 2013

Mulberry AW13 Campaign


This autumn, Mulberry showcases English nature and wildlife to its best. Their new campaign is shot by Tim Walker and stars British model Cara Delevingne with a stunning selection of owls.

    Mulberry has a reputation for its kooky yet sophisticated look, (remember the yeti from AW2012?), this is very much portrayed in this campaign using the contrast of nature against English heritage. Cara Delevingne was the perfect casting for this campaign, in my opinion, due to the pure English rose appearance that she pulls off oh-so-well.
   The deep palette of black, emerald and red wine tones are set beautifully against a fresh white walled room of Shotover House, a dilapidated Oxfordshire manor. Set designer Shona Heath cleverly ‘planted’ a tree with flower-tipped branches in the centre of one grand room. I think that the tree adds a majestic aura to the images and relates to the ‘Alice in Wonderland’ vibe that was taken from the runway show back in February.
   What I love most about this campaign is that even with the dozens of eyes looking at me in the images; my attention is still drawn to the classic beauty of the Mulberry bag. Getting the balance of simplicity and disorderly spot on, I love how the images are enticing to the eye. I would usually express ways in which this campaign could be improved however, and I rarely say this but Mulberry have carried out complete impeccability.
I’m not surprised though, as photographer Tim Walker, known for his fairy-tale-like imagery, never shows anything but perfection.- Charlotte Roden 08/08/2013





No comments:

Post a Comment